About Our Program
The Child Nutrition Department is committed to providing students access to a variety of meal and snack options while meeting the diverse needs of our student population. We accomplish this through consideration of overall nutrition as well as student and family taste and preference.
- All grade levels have the option to purchase a complete meal that includes the daily entrée, a fruit, vegetable, and beverage choice (Water, Juice, or Low Fat Milk).
- There are no fryers in our Kinder – 8 grade campus kitchens
- We offer multiple meal options at all of our campuses
- All sweet snacks served in Kindergarten and Intermediate cafes meet Smart Snacks in Schools requirement.
New for 2020-2021 School Year
- Utilization of NutriSlice Pre-Order system. Click here to see menu for various campuses.
- Reduced contact with food, high touch areas of the café/serving lines, and currency as student/staff make food choices and pay for meals
- All food sold will be prepackaged or packaged by trained food service staff
- Change will be deposited on the lunch accounts if students/staff choose to bring cash/coin currency to pay for meal items
- Use of barcode scanners for all students to use at the point of sale. Pin pad access will be removed.
The Child Nutrition Department works closely with the Carroll ISD Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) to guide the development of health and physical education programs, which encourage responsible, healthy standards for wellbeing.