… assist students with
- Understanding self and feelings.
- Making difficult choices.
- Setting goals.
- Developing their individuality vs. peer pressure.
- Learning self discipline and responsibility to self, family, and society.
- Developing coping skills.
- Resolving conflicts effectively.
- Learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Learning to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Classroom guidance lessons.
- Individual counseling and crisis intervention support.
- A safe place to talk.
- Conflict intervention.
- Anger Management skills.
- Study skills assistance.
- Group support for specific issues.
- Character education.
- A safe and caring environment.
How Does a Student See a Counselor?
- Request of a counselor
- Parent referral
- Teacher/staff referral
- Referral by friend(s)
- Administrative referral
Why Do Parents Contact the School Counselor?
- Concerns over student achievement
- Family health problems
- Test interpretation
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Early discussion of potential crisis
- Family difficulties or concerns
- New school registration/orientation
2019-2020 7th Grade Counselor
2020-2021 8th Grade Counselor
2019-2020 8th Grade Counselor
2020-2021 7th Grade Counselor
Secretary to Assistant Principals & Counselors