First day of school is Monday, August 28! Back-to-School information provides all the needed key dates, events and campus news for the start of school. Check the left side bar for specific back-to-school information at your child's campus. If you have any questions that are not answered on this webpage, please contact the Board & Community Relations Department at 817-949-7080.
Start & End Times
All elementary schools will have 1/2 days the first 5 days of school.
- Pre-School - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Elementary (K-4) - 7:40 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. (7:40 a.m. arrival, 7:55 a.m. tardy)
- Intermediate (5-6) - 8:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Middle Schools (7-8) - 8:40 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- High Schools (9/10 and 11/12) - 8 a.m. to 3:21 p.m.
NOTE: There will be early dismissal at 12:30 p.m. for Preschool at Rockenbaugh, Old Union & Carroll Elementary the first week of school. Kindergarten-4th grade dismissal will be 11:55 a.m. for the first week. This early dismissal schedule allows teachers to complete important reading and math assessments for individual students. Bus transportation will be provided on early dismissal days.
School supply lists for preschool and K-8 campuses can be found here. High school and senior high school students will learn their school supply needs on the first day of classes.
2017-2018 school supplies, for participating schools, may also be bought online during the annual Southlake Women's Club school supply sale. Deadline for ordering is July 23!
1. Simply log onto www.southlakewomensclub.org/school-supply-sale
2. For delivery use code: CAR428; For pick-up use code: CAR040
3. Select your packs by grade/school, and complete payment online.
4. Packs will be delivered to your home by August 11.
Your custom packed supplies will either be delivered to your home or if not delivered, must be picked up on Saturday, August 12, from 8-4 at Carroll High School on Whites Chapel.
2017 Participating Schools:
Old Union Elemntary
Walnut Grove Elementary
Dawson Middle School
Carroll Middle School
Blended Preschool (CES, RES & OUES)
New Student Online Enrollment
New Student Online Enrollment allows parents/guardians to enter student and family information to request enrollment of students that will be new to CISD.
How does it work?
- A parent/guardian requests an account. See link at bottom of page to begin.
- A verification email is sent to the parent/guardian with login and password information
- The parent/guardian logs into CISD’s Enrollment Access within Skyward Family Access with the login and password provided in the verification email
- The parent/guardian completes the student application process, uploads requested documents, and completes required district forms
- The appropriate campus reviews the application and communicates the next step to the parent/guardian
- Once the application is approved, the student is enrolled into CISD at the appropriate campus
Families new to Carroll ISD, please click here to start enrolling your new student.
Note: If you already have other students attending Carroll ISD, and are needing to enroll an additional student, please login to Family Access and select the New Student Online Enrollment tab to begin the application process.
Annual Student Verification
Parents of all Carroll ISD students (including new enrollees) are required to complete verification for each of their students annually. For your convenience, verification will be available online from August 8 - August 25th within Skyward Family Access. Once in Skyward Family Access, please select the "Annual Student Verification" button.
Bus Routes & Passes
The district is encouraging parents to register early to assist the Transportation Department to more accurately plan bus stops and routes. Routes for the 2017-18 school year will be available online Aug. 21 on the Transportation webpage under Bus Routes InfoFinderi.
Bus Passes can be purchased online here or at the CISD Administration Building Monday-Wednesday, 7:30 -5:30, or Thursdays, 7:30 -5. The building is closed on Fridays through August 14. Through July 31, there is early incentive pricing for bus passes:
Individual Bus Pass - $275/Year, $148/Semester
Family Bus Pass - $550/Year, $296/Semester
Please click here for a detailed description of the vaccine requirements for K-12 students for the 2017-2018 school year.
For more useful information about Carroll ISD, please see the below links:
- School Supply Lists
- About Carroll
- Attendance Zone Maps
- Campus Administration List
- Dragon eBlast
- Family Access