Accelerated Summer School
Christina Benhoff- 817-949-5410
Carroll Middle School
Registration begins Monday, May 6. Summer Session I and Summer Session II registration and tuition must be completed and paid by Friday, June 7, 2019. This does not apply to credit recovery students.
Tuition & Payment
Cost per .5 credit semester is $250; Mandatory two-semester courses are $500. All courses must have a minimum of 12 students enrolled for the course to be created. Spaces in sessions will be filled based on the order in which registrations and payments are received.
Dates & Times
Session I: Tuesday, June 4 – Friday, June 14 (9 school days, M-F)
Session II: Monday, June 17 – Thursday, June 27 (9 school days, M-F)
AM Classes 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
PM Classes 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Government (core class)
- Economics (core class) - It is highly recommended that students have completed and passed Algebra II prior to registering for the course.
- Professional Communications - Speech (elective class)
- Principles of Information Technology (elective class)
- Physical Education I and II (elective class)
- Art I (elective class)
- Drawing II (elective class)
- Health (local requirement for Class of 2018 and beyond) (elective class)
A minimum of 12 students is required in order for a course to be created.
Requires ½ day (4.5 hours per day) participation for 9 full days of accelerated coursework to receive a .5 credit. Grade earned will be recorded on transcript and calculated toward GPA.