Accelerated Summer School
Carroll High School
Tuition & Payment
Cost per .5 credit (semester) is $250; Mandatory 1 credit (two-semester courses) are $500. All courses must have a minimum of 12 students enrolled for the course to be created. Spaces in sessions will be filled based on the order in which registrations and payments are received.
Summer School 2020 Dates & Times
Session I: Tuesday, June 2 – Friday, June 12 (9 school days, M-F)
Session II: Monday, June 15 – Thursday, June 25 (9 school days, M-F)
AM Classes: 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
PM Classes: 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Government (core class) - Rising Juniors and Seniors only.
- Economics (core class) - Rising Seniors only. It is highly recommended that students have completed and passed Algebra II prior to registering for the course.
- Physical Education I (elective class)
- Art I (elective class)
- Health (local graduation requirement for Class of 2018 and beyond) (elective class)
A minimum of 12 students is required in order for a course to be created.
Requires ½ day (4.5 hours per day) participation for 9 full days of accelerated coursework to receive a .5 credit. Grade earned will be recorded on transcript and calculated toward GPA.
Grades 9-12 Accelerated Summer School 2020 Courses Registration Dates:
- May 4 – Rising Seniors
- May 6 – Rising Juniors
- May 8 – Rising Sophomores
- May 11 – Rising Freshmen
If your student will not be enrolled in Carroll High School or Carroll Senior High School for the 2020-2021 school year, they are not able to register for accelerated summer school courses.