Online Student Course Requests
Students will choose their course requests and alternates for the 2018 – 2019 school year from home. These requests are the courses the student wishes to take during the 2018 – 2019 school year. To complete the process, follow the steps outlined below.
Students Log-in into Skyward:
IMPORTANT: You must use the student login. This is the same login they use at school for CANVAS, the lunchroom, the computer lab, etc. It starts with an S. If they cannot remember their password, they need to speak to Mr. Cornwell. It cannot be reset through email or a phone call. The parent login will not work in course requests.
- Students will log in from the CISD home page. Go to southlakecarroll.edu and click “Students”.
- Click the “Family Access” link under Quick Links on the right side.
Students will log in with the CISD Username (Login ID) and Password. The student credentials MUST be used to log in. The Course Requests process is not active under the Parent’s Login. Once the Username and Password has been entered, click the “Sign In’ button to log into site.
Login: S_ _ _ _ _ _ (S number – same as cafeteria id; must include the “S”)
Password: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (Same password used for canvas and school computers)
- If the student receives the “Pop- Up Blocker Warning” screen, click the “Retry” button to bypass the pop-up blocker.
- To request courses for the 2018 – 2019 school year, click the “Schedule”. To start entering the requests, click the “Request Courses for 2018 – 2019 in Dawson Middle School” link.
Entering Course Requests
- To search for a course, enter the course number on the search line (Found on Course Request Card), then click the “Search” button.
- Once the course shows under “Available Courses for 2018 – 2019”, highlight the course by clicking on it and click the “Add Course” button. Click the “clear” button to reset and search for next course. Repeat process for adding more courses.
- Continue adding courses until the Total Credits equals 9. (Note, look at CREDITS, not requests
Alternate Elective Courses
- To request alternate classes for the electives, choose the “Request Alternates” tab and follow the same steps as described above. Students must select 4 alternate courses. The alternates will be considered if selected courses are not available during the scheduling process.
When you have more than one alternate request added, you can move the alternate requests up or down in preference of priority by using the arrows next to the number. R indicates that is a course request and not an alternate request.
After entering all of your requests, please be sure to log out of family access and close your browser.
***THERE IS NOT A SAVE BUTTON. COURSES ARE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED. THERE IS NOT A NEED TO CONTACT SCHOOL TO VERIFY. If you are uncertain, log back in to verify.