This Fall, Carroll ISD will be providing new laptops to students in grades 5-7 and 10-12 if their current device is out of lifecycle. The Dell 3380 device has reached end of life. Please follow the steps below for your student to receive a device.
PARENT MUST complete the following steps in Skyward Family Access
- Log into Skyward Family Access
- Open Annual Student Verification (available August 1st).
- Accept and Sign the Student Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Complete Technology Parent Orientation - MUST complete Exit Ticket located on last page of the Orientation
- You may also complete the Orientation by clicking here now: Technology Parent Orientation
- Pay the $75 Optional Annual Device Fee
- Paying this fee provides your student with a free service repair and discounts on further support. MORE DETAILS
If your student has a Dell 3380 device, they will swap their old laptop for a new in-lifecycle device during the school day. We are currently scheduled to swap devices at all secondary campuses in the first 3 weeks of school.
**Students should bring a protective laptop carry bag (backpack, messenger bag, sleeve…) to school on distribution day. Students can choose to keep their existing laptop carry bag (from previous laptop) or may bring in a laptop carry bag of their choice.
Fee Waiver for Families with Three or More Students
The family cap for the Optional Laptop Device Fee is a total of $150 or two children. If you have three or more children in the same household in grades 5 - 12, then you may apply for a fee waiver for the additional children. Applying for this waiver will give the additional children accidental repair coverage on their laptops for this school year. Click here to complete the Fee Waiver
Students New to Carroll ISD enrolled in Grades 6-12: Can pick up their student laptops at the CISD Administration Building (2400 N. Carroll Ave.) Enter at the Reception Desk, which is located on the circular drive on Dove Road.
- Tuesday, August 9th from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Thursday, August 11th from 5 – 7 PM
Students Returning to Carroll ISD enrolled in Grades 5-12: Distribution dates will be announced by the campus principal.