Responsible Use and Digital Citizenship
The use of a student device and district technologies is a privilege. Students are responsible for their actions on the network. Students should assume that none of their data is private or confidential. Any communication or data may be reviewed by district or school administration periodically.
Inappropriate Content on a Device
Inappropriate content is not allowed on the district device. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, files such as pictures, documents, presentations, music, videos, and apps that contain the presence of weapons, pornographic materials, inappropriate language or lyrics, tobacco, alcohol, drug, or gang related symbols or pictures.
Please refer to the Parent Resources section.
- CISD provides internet access to its students at school.
- CISD provides internet filtering of inappropriate materials in compliance with CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) while using CISD devices.
- CISD reserves the right to review, monitor, and restrict information stored on or transmitted via district owned equipment and to investigate inappropriate use of resources.
- CISD will provide device training and orientation for students and encourage student conduct in adherence to the CISD Acceptable Use Policy and the CISD Student Code of Conduct and Handbook.
- Student devices may be selected at random for remote or physical device inspection by CISD staff.
- Students will use CISD technologies in a responsible and ethical manner and adhere to the CISD Acceptable Use Policy and Student Code of Conduct.
- Students will help CISD protect the district network and devices by letting their teacher and/or the technician on campus know about any security problems they may encounter.
- Students will not share their credentials with others.
- Students will not allow others to use their assigned devices.
Student devices will be charged each evening at school in the locking cabinet. The battery should last the entire school day.
Internet Filtering and Wi-Fi
Carroll ISD provides internet filtering to prevent viewing of unauthorized website content.
K-4 iPads will not:
- be used outside during recess
- be used for social media
- be used for non-educational gaming or entertainment
K-4 iPads will:
- be stored in locking cabinets to be charged overnight in the classroom
- be used for educational purposes
- be used for collaboration
- be used to teach digital citizenship
- be used to teach 21st century skills
- be used to create