The PreACT test provides students with practice for the ACT test and measures of progress towards college readiness. The PreACT simulates the ACT testing experience within a shorter test window on all four ACT test subjects.
- The PreACT will be offered to all 9th grade students at CHS.
- CISD will order and pay for the exam for all students.
- No outside registration is required.
- Please contact your counselor for more information about accommodations for the PreACT.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a standardized test that provides first hand practice for the SAT Reasoning Test. It also gives students the opportunity to enter the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) scholarship program.
- The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading, mathematical problem-solving and writing skills.
- Carroll ISD administers this assessment to every 10th grader free of charge.
- Registration information for 11th grade students can be found on the CSHS website (linked below).
PSAT Accommodations Information - Please contact your counselor for more information about PSAT accommodations.
The SAT test assess high school students’ knowledge in critical reading, mathematics, and writing.
- SAT Website (College Board)
- SAT Accommodations Information - Please contact your counselor for more information about SAT accommodations.
- CSHS SAT Testing Information
The ACT test assesses high school students’ knowledge in English, mathematics, reading, and science. The ACT is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school.