Safety & Security Committee
The Carroll ISD Safety & Security Committee will periodically provide recommendations to the district's Board of Trustees and district administrators regarding updating multi-hazard emergency operations plan, consult with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses and meet at least once during each academic semester and at least once during the summer. A committee established by a school district that operates schools on a year-round system or in accordance with another alternative schedule shall meet at least three times during each calendar year, with an interval of at least two months between each meeting.
The Carroll ISD Safety & Security Committee must include:
- one or more representatives of an office of emergency management of a county or city in which the district is located;
- one or more representatives of the local police department or sheriff's office;
- one or more representatives of the district's police department, if applicable;
- the president of the district's board of trustees;
- a member of the district's board of trustees other than the president;
- the district's superintendent;
- one or more designee9.) two parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district. s of the district's superintendent, one of whom must be a classroom teacher in the district;
- if the district partners with an open-enrollment charter school to provide instruction to students, a member of the open-enrollment charter school's governing body or a designee of the governing body; and
- two parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district.