SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE 4.20.2020:
Tarrant County reported 103 new positive cases of COVID-19 since yesterday for a total of 1,093. There have been 34 deaths in the county and 168 people who have recovered.
Southlake cases increased by one to 19 total, with 5 recovered and one death.
In Texas, the cases reached 16,455 with 393 fatalities and 3,677 people who have recovered. There are currently 1,459 people hospitalized. A total of 158,547 Texans have been tested.
At the national level, they started reporting “probable” deaths of COVID-19, so the US reports 632,548 cases with 31,071 deaths. (this is the death total of 26,930 plus 4,141 probable deaths – the overnight US total without including probable deaths was 2,448).
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE 4.1.2020:
Carroll ISD and all other schools are now closed until May 4 by executive order of Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
Tarrant County is reporting 288 cases, with three deaths and 18 people who have recovered. Southlake more than doubled its number of cases yesterday to 11 with 2 recovered.
Carroll ISD notified all staff and families via email on March 31 that the district is beginning to receive confirmation that some of our own employees, students and their family members are coming down with symptoms and now presumed positive for COVID-19. Exposure while at school is significantly unlikely becasue the district has now been closed since spring break. However, Carroll ISD is committed to deep cleaning and disinfecting any classroom where a positive or presumed case is known.
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE: 3.27.2020:
The state of Texas announced 1,700 cases today in 105 counties with more than 24,000 tests being administered and 23 deaths. Tarrant County has 110 active cases with three people recovered and one death. Southlake has four total cases with one recovered and three active. It should be noted, however, that we are hearing about additional people with symptoms who have not been tested but are isolating in Southlake as presumptive positives.
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE: 3.24.2020:
Tarrant County Health Department confirmed today that Southlake as four positive COVID-19 cases, including three active cases and one person who has recovered. There are 71 cases in Tarrant County, including 67 active cases, one death and three who have recovered.
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE 3.16.2020:
CISD has been notified by one of our Carroll ISD students that a parent has tested positive for COVID-19. This is actually one of two positive Southlake cases, according to the Tarrant County Health Department. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.
Key steps in mitigating exposure to COVID-19:
- Educate yourself on the symptoms and prevention of COVID-19
- Limit travel and exposure to events with large crowds of people
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home while you have a fever or experience illness;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Coronavirus Resources/Web Links:
- Tarrant County Public Health - https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health.html
- Texas Department of State Health Services - https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Travel Advisory - CDC - www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- US State Department Cruise Ship Travel Alert: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Tarrant County Health Dept. Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- CISD Health Services Website
- City of Southlake - Protect Southlake Website