SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE: 3.27.2020:
The state of Texas announced 1,700 cases today in 105 counties with more than 24,000 tests being administered and 23 deaths. Tarrant County has 110 active cases with three people recovered and one death. Southlake has four total cases with one recovered and three active. It should be noted, however, that we are hearing about additional people with symptoms who have not been tested but are isolating in Southlake as presumptive positives.
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE: 3.24.2020:
Tarrant County Health Department confirmed today that Southlake as four positive COVID-19 cases, including three active cases and one person who has recovered. There are 71 cases in Tarrant County, including 67 active cases, one death and three who have recovered.
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS UPDATE 3.16.2020:
CISD has been notified by one of our Carroll ISD students that a parent has tested positive for COVID-19. This is actually one of two positive Southlake cases, according to the Tarrant County Health Department. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.
Key steps in mitigating exposure to COVID-19:
- Educate yourself on the symptoms and prevention of COVID-19
- Limit travel and exposure to events with large crowds of people
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home while you have a fever or experience illness;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Coronavirus Resources/Web Links:
- Tarrant County Public Health - https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health.html
- Texas Department of State Health Services - https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Travel Advisory - CDC - www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- US State Department Cruise Ship Travel Alert: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Tarrant County Health Dept. Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- CISD Health Services Website
- City of Southlake - Protect Southlake Website