Educational Resources for Parents
Parent Resources and Enrichment
Carroll Dragons have a wonderful opportunity to connect and learn even when school is closed. This Carroll webpage provides resources and suggestions that may help you support your childs’ physical, social, and emotional well-being during this very unusual and stressful time. We have also included grade-appropriate enrichment opportunities for families to use as needed during academic time at home.
Stay tuned for specific instructional plans that your child’s teachers are busy creating for next week.
We are Braver than yesterday. Smarter today. Stronger than challenges coming our way.
Ideas for Structuring Time at Home
- Giant List of Ideas for Being Home with Kids
- Let’s Keep Reading - Keep Thinking with Interactive Read Aloud
- Choice Boards for Fun
- Non-Screen Activities
- List of Things to do at Home During Closures
Social/Emotional Well-Being Resources
- Brain Breaks
- Social-Emotional Learning at Home
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS for Parents)
- Healthy Coping Strategies and Managing Anxiety
*Many of the online resources provided offer accessibility features for special populations.