CISD Daily Parent Health Screening for Students
Parents, please perform this short check in section 1 and section 2 each morning before your child leaves for school.
SECTION 1: Symptoms
The following symptoms indicate a possible illness that may decrease a student’s ability to learn and also put them at risk for spreading an illness to others. Please check your child every morning before school for any of these symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or measured temperature greater than or equal to 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Nausea or vomiting
SECTION 2: Close Contact/Potential Exposure
- Being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on); or
- Being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes with a person who has confirmed COVID-19.
- Traveled to or lived in an area where the local, Tribal, territorial, or state health department is reporting large numbers of COVID-19 cases as described in the Community Mitigation Framework
- Lives in an area of high community transmission (as described in the Community Mitigation Framework) while the school remains open
If your child has any of the symptoms in section 1 and any of the conditions in section 2 apply, keep your child home for further parental assessment and monitoring.
Please note that according to Tarrant County Public Health, there is currently a high rate of COVID-19 transmission within the county. If your child presents to the school health clinic with any of the symptoms in section 1, you will be contacted by the school nurse and your child will be sent home, as directed by the Texas Education Agency and Tarrant County Public Health guidelines.