Special Education Department
In adherence with the district's six core values: EXCELLENCE, RELATIONSHIPS, CHARACTER & INTEGRITY, INNOVATION, OPEN & HONEST COMMUNICATION and COMPASSIONATE SERVICE, the CISD Special Education Department is committed to providing quality services and supports to students with disabilities. Carroll ISD offers a full continuum of specialized instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- The Legal Framework
- Carroll ISD Special Education Operating Procedures
- CISD Special Education Continuum of Services
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards
- Aviso Sobre Procedimientos de Protección fw.escapps.net tea.texas.gov - Febrero 2021
- Operating Guidelines for Video & Audio Surveillance of Special Education Setttings Implementing TEC 29.022 and Policy EHBAF (as amended by SB 1398)
- Parent's Guide to the Admission, Review & Dismissal Process - February 2021
- Guía Para Padres del Proceso de Admisión, Repaso, y Retiro fw.escapps.net tea.texas.gov - Febrero 2021
- TEA Resources
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (English)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (Spanish)
Senate Bill 139 Notice
In 2019, the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 139 (SB 139), which requires all Texas schools to distribute the notice, "Updates in Special Education" (attached for your review). This Notice is for informational purposes only. It does not mean that Carroll ISD suspects your child is in need of receiving special education services, nor does it mean anything will change for students currently receiving services.
If you have any questions or concerns, or suspect your child may be in need of special education services, please call 817-979-7050 and the department will be happy to assist you.