Prekindergarten Tuition Spots are Full for the 2022-2023 School Year.
If you believe your child meets eligibility for State-Funded Prekindergarten, or would like to be added to the tuition waitlist -
CLICK HERE to join Prek Waitlist
CISD Blended Prekindergarten Program Overview
Click Here for Parent Information Night Google Slides
The Carroll ISD Blended Prekindergarten Program serves students who are ages 3 and 4 as of September 1st of the school year, that reside within Carroll ISD attendance boundaries and meet one of the following criteria.
- Students who are eligible for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) formerly PPCD
- Students who are eligible for free public school Prekindergarten according to state eligibility requirements
- Students selected through the lottery process each April (tuition-based)
- Students of district employees (tuition-based)
Carroll ISD offers a blended Prekindergarten program which serves three types of early education learners in an inclusive environment, as well as a special education setting for students who require more intensive and individualized instruction that the blended program is unable to provide.The Prekindergarten program is currently provided at three elementary campuses: Carroll Elementary, Rockenbaugh Elementary, and Old Union Elementary.
Eligibility for Early Childhood Special Education
The first is the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) which provides special education and related services for eligible children with disabilities aged three-five. This program is legally mandated for eligible students beginning on their third birthday, regardless of when the birthday falls during the school year, and ends when the student becomes eligible for kindergarten. These services are determined by the student’s Admission, Review, and Dismissal committee (ARD), based on individual need, and may include walk-in therapy, partial/full day placement in the CISD Blended Prekindergarten Program, and/or placement into a special education setting designed to provide students with foundational skills required to demonstrate success in the general education environment. Special education services provided through ECSE are offered at no cost to parents. Child Find Information If you believe that your child has a disability that requires special education services, please contact the Coordinator of Specialized Assessment & Compliance, Marie Palma, M.Ed. firstname.lastname@example.org 817-949-8414
Eligibility for State-Funded Free Prekindergarten
Texas state law requires school districts to provide free prekindergarten if there are 15 or more four-year-old students who meet any of the state-mandated free Prekindergarten eligibility criteria. The Texas Legislature determines eligibility requirements for free, public prekindergaten in Texas.
Students who qualify must be four years old by September 1st AND meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
(A school district may offer a three-year-old program to eligible children and the same criteria would apply.)
Eligibility Criteria for Free State-Funded Prekindergarten
Limited English Proficient
Military or Armed Services
Star of Texas Award
Eligibility for Tuition-Based Prekindergarten
Carroll ISD also offers Tuition-Based Prekindergarten spots. Students who reside within Carroll ISD boundaries who do not meet eligibility for state-mandated free prekindergarten listed above, and who are three or four by September 1st of the school year, may request enrollment. In order to be considered for a tuition spot, parents must pre-register their students in February-March of the previous school year. Enrollment is determined through a lottery process as space is limited and based on availability. The tuition spots for the 2022-2023 school year are full. However, you are welcome to add your name to our waitlist. A member of our Early Childhood department will reach out to you if a spot becomes available. CLICK HERE to join Prek Waitlist
Who can apply for enrollment in the Tuition-Based Prekindergarten Program?
- The child must be three years of age for PreK 3 or four years of age for PreK 4 on or before September 1st of the current school year
(Children five years of age are eligible for kindergarten, and cannot enroll in Prekindergarten.)
- Reside within Carroll ISD attendance boundaries
- Does not meet the eligibility requirements for free State-Mandated Prekindergarten or Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- The child must meet all of Carroll ISD student enrollment requirements, and parents must provide all required registration documents (child’s birth certificate, child’s Social Security card, child’s updated immunization record, proof of residency (gas, water or electric bill, lease/mortgage statement)
How Many Tuition-Based Spots Are Available?
The number of spaces available for tuition-based Prekindergarten students depends on the enrollment of state-mandated free Prekindergarten eligible students.
Blended Prekindergarten Curriculum
Carroll ISD follows the Texas Education Agency’s Prekindergarten Guidelines. Our comprehensive early childhood instructional model is enriched by using Frog Street Pre-K for the 4 year old classes and Frog Street Threes for our 3 year old classes. Frog Street curriculum is a research-based program that integrates instruction across developmental domains and early learning disciplines. Carroll ISD’s high-quality Prekindergarten instructional framework inspires curiosity, builds confidence and kindergarten readiness. Our early childhood certified teachers are committed to providing daily meaningful learning experiences to all students, opportunities for active exploration through thoughtfully planned activities and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learners, including English Language Learners and children with special needs.
The Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines focus on the following domains
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Communication
- Emergent Literacy Reading
- Emergent Literacy Writing
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development and Health
Prekindergarten Assessment and Reporting
Texas requires Beginning of the Year (BOY) and End of the Year (EOY) assessments be given to prekindergarten 4 year olds using an assessment tool approved by the Commissioner's List.
Carroll ISD Blended Prekindergarten Program, assesses the three and four year old classes 3 times a year BOY, MOY, EOY. These reports are sent home to parents.
The five developmental domains required to be assessed in prekindergarten in accordance with 19 TAC §102.1003 (c) (1)
- Health and wellness
- Language and communication
- Emergent literacy - reading
- Emergent literacy - writing
If you have questions regarding Prekindergarten, please reach out to:
Coordinator of Federal Programs
Allison Fike, M.Ed.
Questions regarding Child Find- Testing for prekindergarten students who might qualify for special education and related services, please reach out to:
Marie Palma, M.Ed.
- CISD Pre-K Family Engagement Plan
- High Quality PreK in Texas
- Early Childhood Family Resources
- Children’s Learning Institute
- School Readiness Parent Guide (English)
- School Readiness Parent Guide (Spanish)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Little Texans Big Futures 36-48 Months (English)
- Little Texans Big Futures 36-48 Meses (Spanish)
- Early Childhood Program Self-Assessment for Prekindergarten
- Parent Companion