Carroll ISD Blended Prekindergarten Program
Carroll ISD is excited to expand its current prekindergarten program for eligible three and four-year-olds to a full day program beginning in the 2020-21 school year. The Carroll ISD Blended Prekindergarten Program follows the district school calendar and elementary school hours. Based on state criteria, some students will qualify for Free Public School Prekindergarten while other students that do not qualify for free prekindergarten may enter the lottery to participate as a tuition-based student.
Prekindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year will be available online beginning February 24, 2020.
To be eligible for enrollment in a free prekindergarten class, a child must be at least three years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Tuition-Based Lottery Enrollment Window: February 24 - March 6, 2020
Tuition-Based Lottery: May 8, 2020
At this time, our tuition-based enrollment is at capacity. All new applications will be added to the waitlist.
Families new to Carroll ISD, please click here to complete the New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE). Please make sure to enter location 002, select NY (Next Year), complete all forms and upload required documents. If a spot becomes available, you will be contacted.
- Students who qualified for lottery and not placed.
- Students who did not qualify for lottery (Grandparent Resident), but completed application during registration window.
- Students who apply after lottery through closure of waitlist. Placement on waitlist is determined by date/time of completed application.