CLASS - Carroll Leadership Academy for Supporting Success
CLASS exists to provide Carroll ISD parents and the greater community an exceptional opportunity to learn about the organizational operation of the district. The vision of CLASS, originally developed in 2008, is to develop the most highly informed school community in Texas.
Participants of CLASS are nominated and approved into the membership each year. Nominees are typically chosen on the basis of their past and/or present support of CISD and are preferred to not already be engaged in a prominent leadership role. The new CLASS year begins in February.
CLASS meetings are held once a month at the Administration Center, 2400 N. Carroll Ave., Southlake. Meetings start at 8:45 a.m. and end at 10:30 a.m., and breakfast food and drinks are provided, courtesy of local business sponsors.
Core Values of CLASS
As well as fully supporting the district's core values of excellence, relationships, character and integrity, innovation and open and honest communication, the leaders and members of CLASS also believe the following:
- Partnerships with parents and community members are essential to enhance the educational experiences of children.
- High levels of open and honest communication must be fostered.
- Building collaborative community relationships based in integrity and character is of utmost importance to benefit all students.
- An informed public must have an increased knowledge base.
- Innovation must be encouraged to create an environment of continuous improvement leading to excellence.