Free & Reduced
For determining eligibility in the following programs.
- Free and Reduced Price Meal Program
- Eligibility for CISD PRE-K Program
- Waivers for Pay-To-Ride
- Other Carroll ISD programs that may be Campus Specific
An application and supporting documentation is required at the beginning of each school year.
1. Complete Free & Reduced Application 2022-2023
2. If your eligibility is based on no income, please also complete the Affidavit Of No Income Form
3. Send completed and signed documents to: Child Nutrition Dept., 2400 N. Carroll Ave., Southlake, TX 76092 (817/949-8240)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- No. Complete one application to apply for free or reduced-priced meals for all children in the household. We cannot approve an incomplete application, so be sure to fill out all required information and include supporting documentation
- Who can get free meals?
- Income - children can get free or reduced-price meals if a household's gross income (total, without deductions) is within the limits described in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Special Program Participants - children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), are eligible for free meals
- Foster - foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals
- Head Start or Early Head Start - children participating in these programs are eligible for free meals
- Homeless, Runaway, and Migrant - children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals
- WIC Recipient - children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals
The CISD Child Nutrition Department processes all applications regardless of the intended purpose. An official “Letter of Household Approval of Benefits” will be sent to the address on the application, with indication of approval or denial of benefits. Most applications are processed within 10 working days. If you do not receive a response within that time frame, please contact the Child Nutrition Office (817-949-8240).
Please maintain and present your “Letter of Approval of Household Benefits” proof of eligibility for any of the programs listed above.
(Your status for free or reduced price meal program will automatically be updated in the cafeteria lunch program, which does not receive funds from the National School Lunch Program. This program is self funded.)
- Free & Reduced Application 2022-2023 (English)
- Free & Reduced Application 2022-2023 (Spanish)
- Affidavit of No Income Form (English)
- Affidavit of No Income Form (Spanish)