Secondary Gifted and Talented
Grades 7-12: Gifted and Talented students in grades 7 through 12 are served through GT English Language Arts, Pre-AP Math, Science, Social Studies, GT Pre-AP English, GT Pre-AP Biology, GT Pre-AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP GT English III, AP GT Physics, and AP GT English IV.
Grades 7-8: Students will be assessed initially using the CogAT and ITBS tests. There are no preparation materials available for these assessments. In addition to the testing, students entering grades 7th and 8th who have not yet been identified as gifted and talented must be nominated by a parent, teacher, counselor, community member, or themselves.
GT Testing for Carroll Middle School:
Key Dates in the Process: Window opens for sign-up on Wednesday, May 26th at 8:00 am and closes Friday, July 28th at 4 PM.
- Testing Week
- Tuesday, August 1st: CogAT and ITBS Science ● 8:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 2nd: ITBS Reading and ITBS Math ● 8:30 AM-11:15 PM
*For more information regarding CMS GT Placement, please refer to this flyer.
**For questions or concerns, please contact Danielle.Pfaff
GT testing for Dawson Middle School:
Key Dates in the Process: Window opens for sign up on Friday, February 16th at 8:00 am and closes Friday, March 31st at 4PM.
- Testing Week ○ Monday, April 3--CogAT (4:00-6:15)
- Tuesday, April 4--ITBS Reading (4:00-5:15)
- Wednesday, April 5--ITBS Math (4:00-5:15)
- Thursday, April 6--ITBS Science (4:00-5:00)
- Tuesday, April 11--Make Up Day if needed.
- Notifications go out week of April 24
- Consent to Place and Notice of Appeal due by May 12th
- Students who are new to CISD will be tested in August
*For more information regarding DMS GT Placement, refer to this flyer.
**For questions or concerns, please contact Ginny Wenger
GT testing for Carroll High School and Carroll Senior High School (Grades 9-12):
The registration window is now open.
Testing dates for CHS and CSHS students: July 6, 2023 and August 3, 2023. Students must sign up on the Gifted and Talented Nomination and Referral Form below as the referral and the registration for testing.
- This form must be completed no later than June 23, 2023 for the July 6, 2023 test date.
- The form must be completed no later than July 21, 2023 for the August 3, 2023 test date.
Students will be assessed initially using the CogAT and ITBS tests. There are no preparation materials available for these assessments. To begin the identification process, please complete the online form below along with the attached questionnaire and return to CHS (Attention: Karen Otto).
Please contact Karen Otto if you have any questions.
Transfer Students: Transfer students who have previously received Gifted and Talented services will be considered for services in CISD within one month from the date of registration or within one month of the first day of school if registration occurs in the summer. Gifted and Talented records will be requested from the previous school to determine if additional assessment is required.