Carroll ISD is offering both Elementary and Secondary Summer School in June of 2023. Summer School will be in-person only, with no virtual option. Our Summer School Principals and teachers are working diligently to ensure each student has a successful learning experience.
Summer School Courses are offered in these areas:
Accelerated Summer School,
Credit Recovery Summer School,
STAAR/EOC Refresher Courses, and
Summer School Programs for Grades 3-6.
Secondary (Grades 7-12) Summer School and STAAR EOC Retesting 2023:
Principal and Coordinator: Steven Silvia
Location: Carroll High School
Click HERE for Informational Flyer
- Pay for your session HERE.
Registration and Tuition Deadlines:
Summer Session I ONLY: Registration begins Monday, May 1, 2023and ends on Friday, May 5th, 2023 tuition must be completed and paid prior to Monday, June 5, 2023. This does not apply to credit recovery students.
- Summer Session II: Registration begins Monday, May 29, 2023 and ends on Friday, June 2, 2023 tuition must be completed and paid prior to Friday, June 16, 2023. This does not apply to credit recovery students.
NOTE: For Accelerated Courses, Credit Recovery, and STAAR/EOC Refresher Courses (see your counselor for details) registration locations and deadlines go to: CSHS/CHS counselors’ office and CMS/DMS counselors’ office.
Grades 7-12 Summer School 2023 Schedule
Session I: Monday, June 5 – Thursday, June 15 (9 school days, M - F); AM Classes 7:30-12:00; PM 12:30-5:00
Session II: Friday, June 16 – Wednesday, June 28 (9 school days, M - F); AM Classes 7:30-12:00; PM 12:30-5:00
Accelerated Courses (Grades 9-12) Information:
In order to be eligible to participate in Accelerated Courses , the student MUST be enrolled in Carroll High School or Carroll Senior High School for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Student Tuition: Accelerated Courses: Cost per .5 credit semester is $250; Mandatory two-semester courses are $500. All courses must have a minimum of 12 students enrolled for the course to be created. Refunds: Any necessary refunds will be issued on June 29th – 30th.
Acceleration Credit Requirements: Requires ½ day (4.5 hours per day) participation for 9 full days of accelerated course credit. Must complete coursework to receive a .5 credit.
- Accelerated Course Options:
- Physical Education 1 and 2
- Art I
- Drawing II
Credit Recovery (Grades 7-12) Information:
- Student Tuition: Credit Recovery Courses: Cost per .5 credit semester is $150. Refunds: Any necessary refunds will be issued on June 29th – 30th.
- Credit Recovery Requirements: There will be 8 Computer Lab sections for Edgenuity curriculum as well as teacher for grades 7-12 (both Session I and II combined).
STAAR EOC TESTING DATES and LOCATIONS
EOC Retesting Dates: June 26-27, 2023 at CHS
Elementary (Grades 3-6) Summer Programs 2023:
Principal and Coordinator: Philip Salyer
Grades 3-6 Registration: Pre-registration is available through the student’s campus.
Students must be recommended by the campus Student Assistance Team (SAT) per the district’s promotion and retention policy.
- Summer School: Grades 3-6
- Students and families will be notified of which courses students will need to be enrolled in for the summer.