Exclusions Due to Illness
It is the goal of Carroll ISD to provide an environment that is conducive to learning for all students and staff. Some communicable diseases or conditions may warrant exclusion from school to avoid exposing other students. If your student exhibits any of the following symptoms, please keep your student home until the child is free of the symptoms and has been satisfactorily treated.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Persistent cough
- Open, itchy or draining lesions
- Red, itchy, draining eyes
- Presence of live lice or nits in the hair
- Suffering from a reportable disease, as defined by the Texas Board of Health
- Undiagnosed scaly patched on the body or scalpTeachers will not allow the student to call their parents from the classroom. If your child becomes ill, you or someone designated by you will be contacted to pick up your child. It is imperative that all phone numbers be completed on the enrollment card and be updated immediately should they change during the year.
- Your child must be 24 hours free of fever without Tylenol or Advil and not throwing-up for 24 hours before they return to school. Antibiotics must be taken for 24 hours before returning to school.