Carroll ISD strives to hire the most qualified applicant for every position. The district requires current Texas certification. The applicant must obtain endorsement from the college or university attended, satisfactory completion of an Educator Preparation Program, including student teaching. Human Resources will review certification qualifications prior to employment.
Basic teacher certification requirements in Texas/Carroll ISD
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Complete teacher training through an approved program
- Successfully complete the appropriate TExES/ExCET exams, including ESL for all Core Subjects and Special Education
- A Standard Certificate must be renewed every 5 years. A teacher must complete a minimum of 150 professional development hours over those 5 years before the Standard Certificate can be renewed.
- Those who hold a Professional Certificate (Principal, Superintendent, Reading Specialist, Master Teacher, Educational Diagnostician, School Librarian and School Counselor) must complete a minimum of 200 professional development hours over those 5 years before the Professional Certificate can be renewed.
- Certificate holders will receive a notice from the Texas Education Agency several months before their expiration date with instructions on how to renew the certificate provided all contact information is current. Please click here for instructions on how to renew your certificate.
Educators must keep their Texas Educator Certification Online System profile updated at all times
Teachers who are certified out of state
Teachers who are certified from another country
Routes to certification in Texas
For Further Information on Teacher Certification