Skip To Main Content


What days/times does the Blended Prekindergarten Program operate?

The Blended Prekindergarten Program follows the Carroll ISD district calendar and observes all student holidays. The program runs from 7:30 a.m.- 2:50 p.m. (subject to change), five days per week.  

Does the program offer part-time enrollment?
Prekindergarten students, once enrolled, are required to attend the program in the same manner that K-12 students are expected.  Attendance is taken daily, and tardies are monitored.  TEA Attendance Accounting Handbook states, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten students are subject to compulsory school attendance while they are enrolled in school. Texas Education Code - EDUC § 25.085. Compulsory School Attendance

Where is the Blended Prekindergarten Program offered?
The Blended Prekindergarten Program is currently offered at Carroll Elementary School, Rockenbaugh Elementary School, and Old Union Elementary. Each of these campuses have three and four-year-old classes.  The specific number of classes each year is dependent on district needs.

What is the cost of the Blended Prekindergarten Program?
For students who do not meet the free Prekindergarten Texas eligibility criteria, Carroll offers tuition spots in the blended prekindergarten program. The yearly tuition rate for the Blended Prekindergarten Program is set every year by the Texas Education Agency. The 2021-2022 approved tuition rate is $5,841.00. Payment can be made in full, or through monthly installments. Carroll ISD Prekindergarten Tuition Information 

Does the district offer transportation for students in the Blended Prekindergarten?
At this time, the Blended Prekindergarten Program does not have transportation provided through Carroll ISD. Parents are responsible for drop-off and pick-up of students in the program.

Does the district offer after-care for Blended Prekindergarten students?
Carroll ISD does not offer after-school care. There are many local daycares/after school programs that pick up from the Blended Prekindergarten program if after-care is needed.

If I think my child may qualify for state-funded Prekindergarten, who should I contact? 
If you believe that your child meets eligibility for state-funded Prekindergarten you can contact the Prekindergarten/ESL Lead

If I think my child may have a disability that requires Special Education services, who should I contact?
If you believe that your child has a disability that requires Special Education services, please contact the Coordinator for Specialized Assessment & Compliance, 817-949-7050. Child Find Information