CLASS exists to provide any Carroll ISD resident the opportunity to go ‘behind the scenes’ and learn how one of the best school systems in the state and nation continues to offer an exceptional education. The vision of CLASS, originally developed in 2008, is to develop the most highly informed school community in Texas.
The 2022-23 CLASS includes 57 members.
Core Values of CLASS
As well as fully supporting the District's core values of excellence, respectful relationships, integrity & character, curiosity & innovation, honest communication, and service, the leaders and members of CLASS also believe the following:
1. Partnerships with parents and community members are essential to enhance the educational experiences of children and to foster a united community around its public schools.
2. Building collaborative community relationships based on integrity and character is of the utmost importance to benefiting all students.
3. Open dialogue is important to the challenges facing CISD.
4. An informed public with an increased knowledge base creates community ambassadors that serve as a conduit to the many neighborhoods in CISD.
5. Innovation must be encouraged to create an environment of continuous improvement, leading to high expectations of excellence.
CLASS sessions for the 2022-23 school year occur once each month.
- Strategic Plan and District Overview
- Learning & Development: Student Panel, Student Engagement, Profile of a Dragon, Instructional Practices, and Classroom Tours
- Finance Part A: Texas School Finance and the CISD Budget Process
- Fine Arts Showcase
- School Board Governance and Board Member Roundtable
- Finance Part B: Financial Scenarios to Ensure District Sustainability
- Human Capital: Recruiting, Retention, and Staffing Options
- Facilities & Operations
- Principal for the Day - Bringing it All Together
- CLASS Graduation