District of Innovation
The 84th Texas Legislature approved a concept known as District of Innovation (DOI) which allows traditional independent school districts most of the flexibilities available to open enrollment charter schools, including exemption from certain requirements mandated in the Texas Education Code.
Carroll ISD Board of Trustees passed a resolution on May 1, 2017, initiating the process of exploring and considering District of Innovation designation for CISD.
Over the following summer months, District administrators began to assemble a committee composed of teachers, parents, local business and community members, and CISD Trustees. This committee will help process the focus areas of the committee and help form the Local Innovation Plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Public Meeting Presentation - September 25, 2017
- Innovation Plan Committee Meeting - September 26, 2017
- Innovation Plan Sub-Committee Meetings - October 2 and 3, 2017
- District Advisory Committee Agenda October 10, 2017
- Local Innovation Plan
- District Advisory Committee Agenda November 14, 2017
- Letters to Texas Education Agency Commissioner Nov. 11 & Dec. 1, 2017
- Amended District of Innovation Plan
- Letter to Texas Education Agency Commissioner Feb. 1, 2021
- District of Innovation Plan Renewal December 4, 2022