• History

    Johnson Elementary is named after Jack D. Johnson, Carroll ISD's first superintendent. He was an instrumental figure in building the school's foundation for success. Originally hired in 1957 as principal of the Carroll Common School District, Jack Johnson was appointed as Carroll ISD's first superintendent in 1959 - a position he would cherish for 28 years. Under his guidance, Carroll ISD became an accredited twelve-grade system by the Texas Education Agency in 1965, also experiencing its first homecoming and its first graduating class of 24 students in the same year. A tireless worker, Johnson wore many hats during those years as a teacher, principal, coach, part-time custodian, lunchroom supervisor, and bus driver. In 1981, Johnson Elementary School was opened and named in his honor. 

     

JDJ