About Our Program
The Child Nutrition Department is committed to providing students access to a variety of meal and snack options while meeting the diverse needs of our student population. We accomplish this through consideration of overall nutrition as well as student and family taste and preference.
- All grade levels have the option to purchase a complete meal that includes the daily entrée, a fruit, vegetable, and beverage choice (Water, Juice, or Low Fat Milk).
- There are no fryers in our Kinder – 8 grade campus kitchens
- We offer multiple meal options at all of our campuses
- All sweet snacks served in Kindergarten and Intermediate cafes meet Smart Snacks in Schools requirement.
New for 2021-2022 School Year
- Harvest of the Month
- Students will have the opportunity to learn about a different healthy food each month through posters and digital menus.
- The Harvest of the Month will be featured in various recipes throughout each month, encouraging students to try new flavors and expand their palates!
- Opening of the Carroll Senior High School Renovated Kitchen
- NEW coffee kiosk featuring smoothies, frappes, specialty hot coffees, and iced coffees
- Expanded Grab & Go area to serve students on the move
- Daily Vegetarian Options
- Added Gluten/Dairy Free Options for Happy Birthday, Dragon! Program
- Improved My School Bucks Website Design
The Child Nutrition Department works closely with the Carroll ISD Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) to guide the development of health and physical education programs, which encourage responsible, healthy standards for wellbeing.