CISD utilizes a scheduling system for students called Arena Scheduling. This system, accessible from Skyward’s Student Access, allows our high school and senior high students to create their own schedule, similar to systems used in college. To participate in Arena Scheduling, students enter course requests. After the requests have been reviewed by the counselors, a time is set up where students create their own schedule (within Student Access) from their requested courses. This allows students to have more control over their schedule, and they will know their unofficial schedule by the end of the current school year. Official schedules will be available sometime in August prior to the beginning of the next school year.
For more information, please review the video, timeline, and Frequently Asked Questions below, or contact your counselor directly.
2019-2020 Arena Scheduling Timeline
Counselors in Class:
- Junior Presentations: January 29-30
- Sophomore Presentations: February 12-13
- Freshman Presentations: January 29-30
- CMS 8th Grade Presentations: January 31, February 6, February 12
- DMS 8th Grade Presentations: February 1, February 4, February 13
- 10th-11th Grade: February 13 at 6 .pm. in the CSHS Library
- 9th Grade: January 30 at 6 p.m. – Parent Meeting - CHS Cafeteria
- 8th Grade: February 6 at 6 p.m. – Parent Meeting – CHS Cafeteria
- 8th Grade: February 14 at 9 a.m. - Parent Q&A Session – CHS Lecture Hall
- Open: February 18, 2019
- Close on: February 28, 2019
Online Class Scheduling:
- Current Juniors: March 26-29
- Current Sophomores: April 4-8
- Current Freshmen: April 15-18
- Current 8th Graders: April 25-29
- First: June 3-7
- Second: August 5-9
- How-to printables:
- Course offerings:
- Carroll High School Course Selections 2019-2020
- Carroll Senior High School Course Selections 2019-2020
- Contact your counselor directly
Other questions? Please contact your counselor.
Counselors at CSHS:
- A-D: Tracey Flores - firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-K: Melissa Woodward - email@example.com
- L-Q: Keri Bettencourt - firstname.lastname@example.org
- R-Z: Tammy Grasmick - email@example.com
Counselors at CHS:
Frequently Asked Questions
Students should contact their counselor with any questions or concerns.
Students will be able to schedule CMA classes in the same manner as which they selected their other classes.
Skyward Mobile is not available to enter course requests nor complete arena scheduling.
Students will create their schedule as if they are going to make the sport/club they are interested in. Students will be able to request alternate courses and will have the option of substituting those classes in the event that they do not make the sport/club of their choosing.
Counselors may need to make adjustments to student schedules as needed. Adjustments may be necessary due to course prerequisites, class size, educational record, and/or staffing changes.