CISD is implementing a new scheduling system for students called Arena Scheduling. This system, accessible from Skyward’s Student Access, will allow our high school and senior high students to create their own schedule, similar to systems used in college. To participate in Arena Scheduling, students will request courses as normal. After the requests have been reviewed by the counselors, a time will be set up where students will actually create their own schedule (within Student Access) from their requested courses. This will allow students to have more control over their schedule, and they will know their unofficial schedule by the end of the current school year. Official schedules will be available sometime in August prior to the beginning of the next school year.
For more information, please review the video, timeline, and Frequently Asked Questions below, or contact your counselor directly.
2017-2018 Arena Scheduling Timeline
Town Hall Meetings:
- 8th Grade: February 8, 2017
- Parent/Student Information Meeting at CHS: February 14, 2017
- Parent/Student Information Meeting at CSHS: February 16, 2017
Counselors in Class:
- Sophomore Meetings: February 13-14 (Zastrow: February 9-10)
- Freshman Meetings: February 22-23
- 8th Grade Meetings: January 31 (CMS), February 1 (CMS), February 3 (DMS), February 6 (DMS), February 8 (CMS), February 14 (CMS), and February 17 (DMS)
- 8th Grade: February 8 and February 16 (Q&A at 9:00 am and 6:00 pm)
- 9th Grade: February 21
- Open: February 17, 2017
- Close on: February 26, 2017
- Created on: March 26, 2017
Online Class Scheduling:
- Juniors: March 28-30
- Sophomores: April 6-10
- Freshmen: April 17-19
- 8th Grade: April 27 - May 1
- First window: June 5-9
- Second window: August 1-4
Other questions? Please contact your counselor.
Counselors at CSHS:
- A-D: Tracey Flores - email@example.com
- E-K: Melissa Woodward - firstname.lastname@example.org
- L-Q: Keri Bettencourt - email@example.com
- R-Z: Tammy Grasmick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselors at CHS:
- A-G: Lisa Orth - email@example.com
- H-O: Sherry McCoy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- P-Z: Tammy Pulse - email@example.com
Senior Class of 2017:
- Car-Fo: Tracey Flores (CSHS) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fr-Ji: Melissa Woodward (CSHS) - email@example.com
- Pot-Stol: Keri Bettencourt (CSHS) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stom-Z: Tammy Grasmick (CSHS) - email@example.com
- A-Cap: Lisa Orth (CHS) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jj-Ma: Sherry McCoy (CHS) - email@example.com
- Mb-Pos: Tammy Pulse (CHS) - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Counselors will continue to assist their Class of 2017 seniors through graduation 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students should contact their counselor with any questions or concerns.
Students will be able to schedule CMA classes in the same manner as which they selected their other classes.
Skyward Mobile is not available to enter course requests nor complete arena scheduling.
Students will create their schedule as if they are going to make the sport/club they are interested in. Students will be able to request alternate courses and will have the option of substituting those classes in the event that they do not make the sport/club of their choosing.
Counselors may need to make adjustments to student schedules as needed. Adjustments may be necessary due to course prerequisites, class size, educational record, and/or staffing changes.