WGES Traffic Plan
Walnut Grove Elementary Traffic Plan
Arrival and Dismissal Plan For Car-Riders and Bus-Riders
Below are the procedures for student drop-off and pick-up. We appreciate your patience and efforts as we make our car-rider lines run smoothly, as well as create a safe environment for all.
There are two driveways, or “loops”, at WGES: the car-rider loop and the busrider
loop. Specific information related to each loop is detailed below. In addition, a map of the WGES Traffic Plan is attached, as well as available on the
Entrance Only: Car-rider arrival/dismissal
Exit Only car and bus
Entrance Only for Buses
Car-Rider Drop-off / Pick-up
Bus Rider Drop-off / Pickup
Each entrance into and exit from the Walnut Grove loops will be applied daily
during the following times:
7:30 to 7:55 a.m.: Morning Arrival
2:40 to 3:10 p.m.: Afternoon Dismissal
Also, information for those who walk or ride their bike to school is provided below.
CAR-RIDER ONLY LOOP (located on the south side of the campus) Entering the Car-Rider Loop
1. The Car-rider loop entrance is located at the southeast corner of the campus (it is the first entrance onto WGES property for north-bound traffic).
2. All cars will enter the car-rider loop from White Chapel Blvd.
a. Proceed west directly to the end of the parking area.
b. Turn RIGHT into the car-rider loop. There are two car-rider lanes: the far-left lane as you turn into the loop, and the far-right lane as you turn into the loop.
c. The middle lane is designated as a “no-passing” lane, and clearly marked with red safety cones.
3. Please do not change lanes once you have entered the car-rider loop.
4. Pull forward all the way to the front of the loop (near the flagpoles) - please follow directions of WGES staff on duty (WGES staff members will be present to assist drivers during pick-up and drop-off times).
5. For safety reasons, students must enter AND exit the car from curbside only. (exit/enter the driver-side if in the left lane, and exit/enter the passenger-side if in the right-lane).
6. The student arrival doors into the campus will be locked at the conclusion of morning drop-off, which is typically 7:55 a.m. If your child arrives after 7:55 a.m., please escort him/her into the building using the visitor parking entrance located on the east side of the campus. Please do not leave your child at the car-loop arrival doors unless you see a WGES staff member.
7. At the conclusion of afternoon pick-up, the car-loop campus doors will be locked. Therefore, your child must be checked-out at the visitor entrance (east side of campus) if you arrive to pick-up after the conclusion of afternoon dismissal. This procedure also applies if your child is involved in after-school activities, such as tutoring. In this case, a teacher will meet you at the visitor entrance.
8. **During inclement weather, the car-rider loop may be condensed to ONE lane.**
Exiting the Car-Rider Loop
1. Both car-rider lanes will exit to the left and follow the loop to White Chapel
Blvd. Please do not enter the bus loop or the parking lot – You must exit onto White Chapel Blvd.
Window Name Card (At Dismissal ONLY)
1. In order to expedite the car-rider loop during afternoon dismissal time, it is
critical that you have a name card in your window. You MUST have a name
card with your child’s first and last name in your car window closest to the curb:
a. If you are in the lane closest to the building – the driver window.
b. If you are in the lane closest to the parking lot – the passenger window.
2. Please create a name card on 8.5” x 11” white paper before the first day of
BUS-RIDER LOOP (Located on the east side of the campus)
1. The bus-rider entrance is located on White Chapel Blvd. (it is the second entrance into the WGES property for north-bound traffic).
2. During arrival and dismissal times, visitor parking is not allowed in the bus loop. Therefore, please park in designated areas in the visitor parking lot.
3. The bus-loop is designed for bus traffic only – please enter the car-rider loop during all arrival and dismissal times.
1. Visitor parking is available in the east parking-lot of the WGES campus.
2. The visitor parking entrance is located on White Chapel Blvd. (the second entrance into the WGES property for north-bound traffic).
3. Please observe all signs and safety procedures by using the crosswalks as you approach the building.
4. Please do not walk into the bus-loop while school buses are loading and unloading.
5. Remember to park in designated visitor parking areas only (avoid parking on sidewalks, crosswalks, fire lanes, etc.).
6. Drive Safely In School Zones, No Cell Phones!
7. Drivers near Carroll ISD schools are reminded to drive slowly and safely in posted school zones, watching carefully for pedestrians and other vehicles dropping off or picking up children. Cell phone use is prohibited and punishable by fine in posted school zones.
The WGES campus does not have a safe zone for parents to park and physically
walk to the campus doors to drop-off or pick-up their children. Therefore, you
must enter the car-rider loop when dropping off or picking up your child. WGES
staff members will be present to assist parent drivers during pick-up and drop-off
Should parents need to enter the WGES campus at any time (including arrival and dismissal times), please park in the visitor parking area (see parking information above) and check-in at the front office.
BIKE-RIDER AND WALKERS INFORMATION
1. Please access the school using the appropriate neighborhood sidewalks and cross walks.
2. Bicycle racks are located on the west side of the WGES campus, near the café picnic tables.
3. Morning Arrival: Students are responsible for securing their bicycles at the rack. Walkers and Bike Riders will enter the WGES campus using the gym entrance (the same entrance as car-riders). A WGES staff member will be present to monitor.
4. Afternoon Dismissal: Bike Riders and students walking home will exit the campus at the cafeteria doors leading to outdoor picnic area. Parents are to meet their children at the café doors and join in the walk or bike ride home. A WGES staff member will be present to monitor the area.
SAFETY AND SECURITY PROCEDURES
ALL visitors must check in at the front office before continuing into the WGES campus. The safety and security of our students and staff is top-priority. Each morning and afternoon, we have school staff on duty throughout the entrances and hallways to ensure the safety of our students. CISD utilizes the Raptor Security System to check in our visitors. Once visitors (including parents) check in at the WGES front office, a name badge will be issued.
The name badge must be worn & visible as visitors continue into the building. Name badges must be turned-in to the front office when visitors exit the building. Your support and observance of the WGES security procedures is greatly appreciated!